They know they’re on to a good thing and the more time they spend on being unique, the more it hinders their ability to get down to business.
They do it with their dates — the Ultimate First Date Scaffold — a walk, takeaway coffee (they bought a spare keepcup for you ‘cause they want you brag about how ‘conscious’ they are) that ends in a D&M at their favourite cafe they only take special people to.
Special, meaning, 27 different peeps before you.
And even their tried-and-tested Tinder message — “Hey, *reference something on your profile*. I’d love to talk about this over a drink. Tonight??“
They’re the ultimate when it comes to tweaking what's already working, a.k.a, repurposing content and we can take some inspo from them —
1. Find a post on your IG that references a topic you could blab about > flesh it out to make a longer-form article for your blog > copy pull-out quotes from article and create Tweetables and quotes to share on your IG > create a clickbait headline, copy to your email list, SEND!
2. Find a post on IG that made people cream their pants from your words > copy & paste those same words across 3-6 Instagram stories > follow it by asking your readers their thoughts in the question box > with privacy in mind, share what they said for MORE content on your stories.
3. Take a blog article > chunk it down into a 3-part series to share on your IG > promote it on your stories and encourage your readers to DM their tips > produce a follow-up using their tips — copy, paste, post!
4. Find your best blog choc-full of tips > turn it into an eGuide or automation sequence to collect email addresses (note — I am loving and using Flodesk. I have a code to get you 50% off a subscription) > use pull out quotes to promote and to encourage people to subscribe to get your goodies. BONUS – sell the damn resource 'cause you know your work is LIT.
5. Group like pieces of content and repost as a round-up > email your list, tell them it's what is popular on your blog this week. BONUS - sharing your IG feed content on your stories and save those stories as a highlight. They’ll be grouped together that way, eg weeknight dinners
Be like a fuqboy. Pay attention to what’s working & keep hitting it 🤩
PST. If the headline got you to click this piece in 0.2 seconds flat, then yasss! Crafting copy is a skill I've picked up over the years and I've jotted down my 10 favourite tips in an easy to follow eGuide. You can start and finish it whilst sitting on the loo AND I give you a use for Comic Sans font. Download it here.